Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Bemis Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosted Date
Bemis Oshkosh South Employment
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
English | Spanish
Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and reported 2013 net sales of $5.0 billion. The Company"s flexible packaging business has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs nearly 19,000 individuals worldwide. More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
This is a 12 hour rotating shift position.
Provide total plant maintenance, including mechanical and electrical repairs to presses, converting machines, extrusion machines, overhead cranes, and other machinery throughout the plant.
* Support operations in becoming World Class in all aspects of the business, beginning with Safety. While also knowing and understanding the role in product safety.
* Troubleshoot and repair electrical/electronic systems
* Troubleshoot and maintain pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
* Repair circuit boards to component level
* Repair pumps, blowers, drives, heaters, dies, gearboxes and PLC"s
* Disassemble, clean and reassemble production machinery
* Comply with all 5S and WCM initiatives (Cross Training, moving to the work)
* All other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
* 2-5 years of experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance of plant production machinery and support systems
* Formal training and/or education in Electrical/Electrical systems (including PLC"s)
* Associates degree preferred
* Mechanical skills
* Ability to read blueprints and schematics
* Ability to use various hand tools, multimeters, computers, and oscilloscopes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
* Good computer skills--SAP, share point, outlook, excel, word etc.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Good organizational skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Adapt to varying weather and temperature conditions
* Ability to lift up to 60 lbs unassisted
* Ability to stand and walk for majority of the 12 hour rotating shift
* Ability to push/pull 20-55 lbs
* Frequent reaching and bending
* Continuous standing and walking on concrete floors
* Frequent use of hands and wrists
* Ability to climb stairs and work in high places
Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer