Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician 8/23/2016
MTD Products Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician is responsible installing, troubleshooting and maintaining AC & DC electrical systems. Additional responsibilities include assisting with general maintenance, PLC programming and troubleshooting, mechanical repair, advanced machining and fabricating, jig and fixture design fabrication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, layout and install electrical power throughout the plant with proper wiring techniques and conforming to all safety standards. Including 480/277/120 volt single/three phase and any transformed voltages from primary systems.
* Troubleshoot and maintain all mechanical and electrical systems throughout the facility including material handling and production equipment.
* Performs day to day maintenance on machines and fixtures used in production and on conveyors.
* Ability to take the lead in work group situations.
* Lathe, mill, welding, and other metal working tasks associated with fabrication and repair work.
* Jig and fixture design or building from blueprints or diagrams.
* Advanced programming and troubleshooting of PLC s and PC based control systems.
* Responsible for daily 6S activities, such as housekeeping, maintaining an organized and safe work area, PM, and any appropriate paperwork/check sheets.
* Other duties as assigned
Basic PC skills needed for researching of components, drawings, manuals, vendors, or troubleshooting techniques.
Ability to extrapolate blue print and electrical schematics.
Ability to use metal working equipment such as welding, machining, and cutting.
Ability to pass an electrical assessment test.
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization.
Ability to work, contribute, and succeed in a team environment.
* Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent
Licenses or Certifications:
* Completion of electrical program or equivalent work experience.
* OSHA 30 certification preferred.
* Welding certification or assessment test.
* Electrical certification or equivalent work experience.
* Must be able to work in a factory environment.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.