This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 2/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Bio-Rad's Digital Biology Center (DBCC) located in Cambridge, MA, provides the only fully-integrated DNA sequencing platform to help clinical laboratories diagnose genetic diseases and many forms of cancer. We offer a fun and energetic environment. We favor candidates who enjoy working in a collaborative and multi-disciplined team environment incorporating Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Software, Molecular Biology, Mechanical and Electrical.
We are seeking highly motivated manufacturing associates to apply their skill in our instrument manufacturing lines. Individuals should be self-starting team workers with an unwavering focus on quality, consistent output.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
* Read, interpret and follow work instructions, SOPs, blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
* Utilize hand held tools such as a hand held screwdrivers, wrenches etc.
* Performing soldering, which is the process in which two or more metal items are joined together by melting and flowing a filler metal (solder) into the joint
* Maintain inventory of product in work stations
* Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
* Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
* Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
* Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
* Maintain a clean and safe work area
* Must be able to follow directions and work instructions
* Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
* Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
* Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
* High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
* High School Diploma or GED
* 1-2 years mechanical assembly experience may be required
* Experience working in a cGMP medical device environment
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.