Campbell Soup Company - Bloomfield, CTThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Campbell Soup Company... Campbell Soup Company
- Bloomfield, CT
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Take the opportunity to work with one of America's best-loved and well-recognized brand icons. With annual sales exceeding $1 billion, eight manufacturing facilities across the country, and 5,000 employees committed to excellence, Pepperidge Farm makes careers rise like fresh bread in a hot oven.
We are the nation's quality and good-taste leader in premium baked goods, from crunchy Goldfish crackers to decadent Milano cookies, from savory Swirl breads to zesty Texas Toast.
General Summary: Responsible for the maintenance, repair of the plants computer driven controls systems, the plants mechanical and electromechanical equipment. Involved in fabrication, application, installation/ repair of mechanical and electromechanical equipment. Interfaces with maintenance staff in trouble shooting problems related to the equipment and facility.
- Minimum 2 years experience in writing, programming, and trouble-shooting Programmable Logic Controllers (Allen-Bradley preferred).
- Experience with plant floor automation and office Ethernet, DeviceNet, ControlNet network wiring and Fiber optic Networks.
- Experience using sensing and control devices.
- Experience using both DC and AC motors, VF Drives and Servo Controlled Systems (Allen Bradley preferred).
- Complete understanding of Plant electrical systems, including DC voltage and AC voltage from 24V to 480V.
- Diagnoses and repair problems in the bulk ingredients systems.
- Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of equipment or systems repairs or replaces defective components.
- Tests electrical circuits and components to locate shorts, faulty connections, defective parts and replaces or repairs to suite.
- Must fully understand and adhere to the ARC Flash & electrical shock prevention policy.
- Support and follow the Lock Out / Tag out program.
- Interface with equipment operators and maintenance staff to ascertain problems with equipment.
- Disassembles replaces or repairs mechanical and electrical components.
- Must read and interpret electrical and electronic drawings, schematics, blueprints, engineering drawings and sketches to determine problem and make appropriate repairs. Able to create and modify electrical drawings in AutoCAD.
- Repair electronic equipment, such as computers and industrial controls.
- General understanding and hands on experience with explosion proof and intrinsically safe work environments. Knowledge of applicable NEC and NFPA codes.
- Must make electrical/mechanical diagnostic evaluation and prescribe corrective action without assistance from others.
- Maintain Wonderware Thin Client and Plant floor Ethernet System
- Test and calibrate electrical/electronic systems and components to ensure that they are operating properly or locate defects
- Enter work order/ product materials repair and parts allocation into SAP System
- Dismantles devices to gain access and remove/replace defective parts.
- Use computer to transfer program codes from one PLC to another and store program.
- Uses computerized equipment and software to perform testing functions and produce graphs for records and tracking.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical/mechanical and software problems in the robotic systems.
- Assembles and installs electrical and electro-mechanical components and systems.
- Devises, selects, sets up, and operates electronic instrumentation and related electro mechanical or electro pneumatic/hydraulic apparatus used for operation of mechanical or electrical equipment or drives.
- Instrumental in the training of Maintenance Technicians, Set Up Technician and Operators in performing repairs and adjustments.
- Installs wiring and electrical components to conform to all codes, regulations and specifications.
- Performs preventive maintenance, maintains records and interprets logged data for repair or replacement. Maintains records of repairs, calibrations and tests.
- Uses Logged Data as part of the preventive maintenance process reports any deviation or defects that need attention.
- Perform scheduled Safety and Environmental inspections, ensure that any corrective or remedial actions are completed and maintain records of the process.
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
- Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation to ensure equipment and systems conform to engineering design, and Federal and State codes.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- High School diploma with concentration in electricy, electronics or a related vocational trade.
- Completed some training with Allen Bradley Controllogix PLCs
- Background in PLCs, computer systems including servers and electronics.
- A technical school diploma in electrical/ electronics.
- 3-5 years experience in complex electronic/ electical systems in a computer driven manufacturing facility.
- Candidate must be wiling to take courses to keep up with advance technologies