Electromechanical Manufacturing Assembler II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
L3 COMMUNICATIONS INTEGRATED SYSTEM
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Assembler II
LOCATION: Asheville, NC
REPORTS TO: Director, Manufacturing
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt Labor Grade - N5
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Director, Manufacturing, the Assembler is responsible for reading blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and schematic drawings in order to assemble electronic and electro-mechanical products; enters required information into a computer system. This position works with a high level of independence. Assignments are complex and personal judgment may be required to resolve problems and to troubleshoot assembly issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
-PERFORMS ROUTINE ASSEMBLY OPERATIONS OF A REPETITIVE NATURE ON ELECTRO MECHANICAL COMPONENTS AND SUBASSEMBLIES IN THE PRODUCT LINE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMPANY\'S PROCEDURES FOR SAFETY AND QUALITY.
-FITS, ALIGNS, AND ADJUSTS PARTS AND COMPONENTS; ATTACHES HARDWARE AND SEALS ASSEMBLY; SOLDERS, LUGS, ROUTES, AND TIES ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS.
-WORKS WITH SAMPLES, SIMPLE DRAWINGS, AS WELL AS WRITTEN AND VERBAL INSTRUCTIONS. USES HAND TOOLS SUCH AS LONG NOSE PLIERS, POWER SCREWDRIVERS AND SOLDERING IRON TO PERFORM WORK.
-ASSIST WITH FINAL QUALITY TESTING OF FINISHED SYSTEMS TO MAKE SURE EACH IS FUNCTIONING ACCORDING TO CUSTOMER SPECIFICATIONS PRIOR TO SHIPMENT.
-MAINTAIN ACCURATE DOCUMENTATION OF PRODUCT TEST RESULTS AND UPDATE TROUBLESHOOTING LOGS.
-ACCEPT A DYNAMIC WORK SCHEDULE AT TIMES, INCLUDING LATE NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS.
* Inspects product as it is being built and refers any problem to Supervisor.
* Daily communication with all team members and supervisor.
* Provide high quality and timely service to all internal customers.
* Listen to and understand customer requirements and take prompt, appropriate action that exceeds expectation.
* Provide training and mentoring to team, including documented OJT (on the job training).
* Leads continuous improvement activities and ensure compliance to 5S program.
* Work with manufacturing engineering on processes and changes.
* Perform all other related duties as assigned.
* Strong ability to perform at a high level of expertise in front of a customer.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: THERE ARE NO SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS POSITION.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High School education or equivalent
* IPC 610 and J Standard 0001 Certificate Preferred; requires previous assembly experience
* Three to Five (3-5) years of electrical/electronic assembly experience or equivalent combination.
* Must have experience in soldering and assembly using tools such as hand tools such as long nose pliers, power screwdrivers and soldering iron.