- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Electronic Automation Product Manager
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Bay Advanced Technologies, a subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies, is seeking a Product Manager contribute to the growth and profitability of the Electronic Automation Group (EAG). We are the world's largest fluid power distributor, supplying hydraulic and pneumatic components and value added services. Connect with a strong NYSE listed company and grow with us! We enjoy a strong position in this area, but there is also a great deal of untapped potential. You'll partner with an experienced outside sales team that has strong product, vendor, and system knowledge. We'll look to you to function as a product expert, building relationships with customers throughout your territory.
More about your role
Reporting directly to the VP of Sales and Marketing, you will promote sales growth of all Bay AT products with a focus on EAG products. Because of the knowledge you bring to the table, you are able to provide technical support and assist with specification of EAG products and system related activities. Not only will you be responsible for specific product lines, you will be researching new products to complement them.
You will play an integral role at all levels to insure improved customer service and product goals for Bay AT are achieved. You will provide product and sales training and be viewed as a mentor to salesman for EAG products.
* Work with individual salespeople in the field on a regular basis
* Coordinate and establish ride schedules and product training seminars at the reasonable request of the supplier representatives
* Promote and maintain a spirit of teamwork among Sales Group through leadership, guidance and communication
* Work with your fellow supervisors and managers in a cooperative manner to accomplish overall company goals
* Travel to visit key supplier personnel, attend product-training classes and participate in both local and national trade shows
* Responsible for direct accounts or geographic territory
* Keep current on all competitive activity, product developments, product policy and report significant actions to VP of Sales & Marketing
* Nurture and expand vendor relationships. Consult with marketing, purchasing and inventory management on group product concerns
* Evaluating and recommending customer discount schedules
* Formulate programs for field sales which will achieve sales volume and profit goals
* Management background or experience
* Technical Certifications
* Fluid Power certification
* Team player with desire to coach, council and support sales personnel
* Effective communicator with strong written and oral English skills
* Personal organization
* Tterritory management
* Technical product knowledge
* General sales skills
Work for a corporation that believes in developing its people. Applied employees believe in the company and love the environment. Individual contributors with fresh ideas and passion for excellence are encouraged and rewarded.
Connect with a great stable company with strong performance and growth. We look forward to learning more about you and will respond to qualified candidates. Apply today!
As a distributor of pneumatic, electrical and fluid components with vertically integrated sheet metal, machining and welding capabilities, Bay Advanced Technologies is positioned technically and logistically to support customers module outsource strategies. Bay s manufacturing and integration locations in Newark, CA; Austin, TX; and Singapore provide parts and system support to any location domestic or international. ISO 9001:2008 certified in CA, TX and Singapore; ISO 13485 certified for medical equipment manufacturing in CA and Singapore.
Parent company Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is the world s largest fluid power distributor. Our network of 18 fluid power companies (70+ locations) in North America is a resource for dedicated fluid power support. We have one of the largest teams of Certified Fluid Power Specialists, Certified Electronic Control Specialists and Certified Fluid Power Mechanics &d Technicians to assist you with problem solving, system building, troubleshooting and other requirements. Between our service centers and our network of 19 fluid power companies, we provide immediate access to the critical fluid power components and services our customers need.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4776 to let us know the nature of your request.