Electronic Data Interchange Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Press Ganey Associates, lnc.
South Bend, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Press Ganey
Celebrating 30 years of experience, Press Ganey is recognized as a pioneer and thought leader in patient experience measurement and performance improvement solutions. Our mission is to help health care organizations reduce patient suffering and improve clinical quality, safety and the patient experience. As of January 1, 2015, we served more than 22,000 health care facilities, including 62% of U.S. acute care hospitals, 81% of U.S. acute care hospitals with more than 100 beds and 73% of U.S. medical practices with more than 50 physicians.
Headquartered in South Bend, Indiana, with offices in Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago, Kansas City and Wakefield, Press Ganey serves clients nationwide with locally based teams of associates to ensure strong client connections and relationships. As a result, Press Ganey is acutely aware of the challenges and opportunities unique to specific providers and their communities. Our associates are professionals, deeply rooted in health care and strongly committed to our clients success.
Whether it's the hospital, medical practice, ambulatory or home care setting, we partner with clients to create and sustain a high-performance environment to ultimately improve the patient experience. Our comprehensive suite of health care solutions helps clients meet their goals of improved quality, better care and lower costs.
Press Ganey provides both ongoing advisory services and consulting in all phases of performance improvement. Our patient experience advisors are uniquely trained and skilled to identify areas of opportunity and help clients implement targeted improvement plans. Our consultants, whose health care experience is a true differentiator, work in partnership with organizations to identify and implement best practices across their operations.
Simply put, we are vested in our clients success, and dedicated to helping them understand and improve every dimension of the patient experience.
Press Ganey currently has an exciting opportunity for an Electronic Data Interchange Specialist in our South Bend, IN office. This role will support the Network Solutions Department.
This position requires extensive interactions with customer IT contacts, senior level EDI Specialists, members of Customer Service & Innovations to assist in the preparation and continual transmission of patient, resident, physician, and/or employee records for the purpose of collecting satisfaction measurement data.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to communicate effectively with clients and vendors to determine the requirements of the options chosen and effectively execute those options. This position is also responsible for troubleshooting and facilitating reporting on patient uploads and setups. This person will have direct phone contact with customers in order to setup data imports, and will monitor and verify incoming data transmissions for conformance to standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Setting up client imports: Create new and update existing InfoTurn import templates.
* Work in the Company databases to create templates that will capture records from client uploads.
* Write logical expressions to pull data from the files as necessary.
* Work with Consultants/Account Managers to verify upload settings such as language, sampling, pre-codes, etc.
* Use tools to test and validate data.
* Work with Sales, IT, Service and InfoTurn to set protocols: EDI uses their expertise with the InfoTurn systems to work with other departments to help defines what EDI is and can do.
* Maintain storage of all client data and appropriate records:
* Manually import client data files into the database.
* Internal Training: Provide assistance to associate level EDI Specialists as needed.
* The candidate must be familiar with standard file formats, standard FTP transmission protocols and off the shelf communication packages.
* Knowledge of Windows, database schemas, networks and SQL are highly recommended.
* Excellent problem solving, time management, ability to work independently, organizational, communication and people skills are required.
* Experience with data analysis is a must.
* A minimum of five years related IT customer service experience is a plus.
* Candidate will have at minimum an Associate Degree with a concentration in IT and 3-5 years of real-world IT support experience. Advanced computer, quality improvement and business courses are also preferred.
All positions at Press Ganey require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The specific checks are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Press Ganey, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Press Ganey's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required for the position.
For more information about Press Ganey, visit our web site at pressganey.com.
Press Ganey is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).