Electronic Repair Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAirgas USA, LLC is hiring an Electronic (Welding equipment) Repair Technician in Davenport, Iowa!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Welder Repair Technician!
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and performing maintenance on welding equipment systems manufactured or distributed by the Company.
* Follow Airgas safety procedures and attend monthly safety meetings
* Follow customer safety policies/procedures when on customer's property
* Travel to customer sites to troubleshoot and make necessary repairs and/or perform routine maintenance and NIST traceable calibration on all types of Airgas equipment and products including, but not limited to Manual, GMAWP, GTAW and PAW welding, SAW equipment including many custom semi-automatic systems
* Ability to represent the Company to our customers in a professional and courteous manner
* Complete all service orders in a neat and timely fashion and obtain customer's signature on the order prior to leaving facility
* Maintain company provided diagnostic equipment, tools and other equipment in clean, good working condition and within manufacturer's recommendations. Properly lock and secure the equipment at the end of each day
* Communicate with Coordinator on the job status, daily activities and unsafe conditions
* May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Minimum of 2 years electrical and/or electronics experience required (and/or schooling)
* Must have general mechanical skills and the ability to plan a logical approach to troubleshooting and repairing equipment
* Must be able to travel a minimum of 25% within regional company
* Ability to read and comprehend safety data sheets and electrical schematics
* Possess basic computer skills
* Ability to routinely lift 25-75 lbs., occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
* Must be able to work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours
* Requires frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion
* Ability to perform work by pushing, pulling, occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling and finger activities
* Ability to speak in a clear, understandable manner and write legibly
* Ability to work with little or no supervision, given proper instructions
* Must maintain a clean MVR
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability