Electronic Service Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 2/3/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONSimplexGrinnell, a Tyco International company, is a global leader in life safety and property protection. We serve over one million customers in the United States and Canada, providing a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, integrated security, sound and communications, and nurse call systems and services. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life safety protection is absolutely vital from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings, and government facilities. In everything we do, SimplexGrinnell strives to keep people and property safe.
The primary role of the Electrical Service Sales Representative is to maintain and grow sales within a defined customer base and geographical territory, identify customer needs, and develop sales strategies to meet objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads, and utilizing SimplexGrinnell marketing strategies.
* Develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings, qualify and prioritize opportunities, and maintain appropriate territory records.
* Conduct seminars, demonstrations, etc. in order to generate, develop, and qualify leads for prospective customers.
* Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sale.
* Interface effectively with district operations to deliver and improve service delivery.
* Deliver sales against an assigned quota.
* Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of follow on sales.
* Report progress and supply metrics to operation and corporate teams on a weekly and monthly basis.
* Participate in trade shows, special product demonstrations and other events with the objective of increasing sales and enhancing the companys image.
* Bachelor degree in marketing, business, or engineering preferred, or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of 3 years successful sales experience in Electronic or similar industry.
* Highly motivated and success driven.
* Ability to quickly identify and qualify opportunities.
* High degree of self-discipline.
* Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams desirable.
* Computer experience (Microsoft and Oracle programs preferred.)
* Good oral and written communication skills and sales techniques.
* Ability to persuade and close sales.
* Self Motivation with good organizational skills.
* Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
* Ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes.
* Must be able to pass a background check, MVR check and drug screening.
SimplexGrinnell offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Tyco, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.