Electronic Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
We are currently looking for an Electronic Service Technician to join our Brampton district.
The purpose of this position is to install, test and program security systems, including installation of cable and conduit when required. This position may also (on occasion) be required to supervise the work of sub-contractors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The Technician will be responsible for (if required):
* Surveying sites prior to installation
* Training and supervising subcontractors
* Booking in/out of Operations centre
* Testing and commissioning of systems to Operations centre
* Travel outside of the GTA may be required from time to time
* Installation and programming of CCTV, EAS (Electronic article Surveillance systems) and Intrusion systems.
* Installation of cable and conduit
* Training of the end user
* Electronic Technician Certificate
* Computer Networking Courses
* Commitment to upgrading and continuing their education
* Minimum of 3 years of security installation and/or service experience
* ULC knowledge a definite asset
* Must be computer literate, have networking ability and a good knowledge of operating systems
* Fluent English language written and verbal skills, demonstrated superior people and telephone skills, excellent organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure are essential
* The ability to meet deadlines and commitments and to adjust/adapt to new ideas and procedures is necessary
* Valid drivers license with less than 2 demerit points.
* Must be bondable criminal record check required
* Company vehicle provided for company use only (includes gas/maintenance)