This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/21/2017
Electronics Supervisor aboard Global Sentinel and Reliance Class ships. Reports directly to the Senior Electronics Engineer. While onboard, the ET confers with the Chief Engineer and maintains a professional working relationship with the Captain, Officers, Crew, Representatives, and other Industrial Personnel.
* Management of the ISO9001 Process 10.3 cable & test equipment calibration program.
* Navigation, positioning, all forms of ship communication, CCTV and safety systems.
* Computer systems, networks, and control & automation systems.
* Assists in compliance of regulatory matters governed by the Flag State, ABS, IMO, FCC and USCG.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Senior electronics technician with 8 years of electronic and/or computer experience.
* A degree in Electronics Technology/Computer Science, equivalent military training or other related training is required. Relevant certifications preferred.
* Good knowledge of the technical principles of electronic equipment and computer operation and maintenance. Shipboard electronics experience is preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Priority setting and logical troubleshooting ability required.
* Adaptable to the fluid [ship] schedules. Works well under pressure.
* Must be available for worldwide travel for extended periods. Experience going to sea is beneficial.