Electronic Systems Installer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Santa Fe Springs, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS INSTALLER II, SIMPLEXGRINNELL (LOS ANGELES, CA)
About the role :
Install, commission and service Fire Alarm, Fire Suppression and other low voltage systems such as sound, access control, cctv and clocks. Help to train or mentor others on the installation team. Execute projects on time and within allocated installation hours. Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Read and interpret complicated blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals. Coordinate the installation activities with all trades to optimize installation time. Attend all required site meetings. Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction. Complete project documentation in a timely manner. Adhere to all OSHA and SimplexGrinnell safety policies and procedures. Perform other duties as assigned.
Rewards and benefits :
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
* 3-7 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
* Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
* Experience with hand tools test equipment, multi-meter usage, digital analyzer and commissioning devices.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 70 lbs.
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
* Overnight travel may be required.
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
* Ability to work well with team members and willingness to follow instructions.
* Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
* Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
* Possess a valid drivers license and driving record that meets company requirements.
* Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
* Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
* NICET Level II certification.
* Ability to attend company paid training and become certified in 4100U, 4100ES and 4010ES within 12 months
* Possess State of California Fire Alarm Certificate