Electronic Systems Sales Executive
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The primary role of the Electronic Systems Sales Representative is to maintain and grow sales within a defined customer base and geographical territory. Develop sales strategies to meet objectives. Establish contact with prospects and prioritize/qualify potential buyers. Schedule sales calls and follow up on leads, utilizing SimplexGrinnell marketing strategies. Determine customer needs and develop a strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings. Price and quote fire alarm systems as well as retrofit work. Close sufficient sales to exceed plan objectives. Conduct seminars, demonstrations, etc. in order to generate leads for prospective customers. Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for the successful closing of a sale. Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of follow up sales. Report progress and supply metrics to operations and corporate teams on a weekly and monthly basis. Assume responsibility, including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction. Participate in trade shows, special product demonstrations and other events with the objective of increasing sales and enhancing the companys image.
* Bachelors degree in marketing, business, or engineering preferred or equivalent work experience.
* Two (2) to Five (5) plus years of successful sales experience in the fire protection or similar industry.
* Highly motivated and success driven.
* Proven ability to persuade and close sales.
* Ability to quickly identify and qualify opportunities.
* High degree of self-discipline.
* Exceptional presentation skills with demonstrated sales techniques.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
* Computer experience (Microsoft and Oracle programs preferred.)
* Ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes.
* Successfully pass a background investigation and drug test.
* Possess a valid drivers license and acceptable driving record.
* We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.