Electronic Systems Sales Executive
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The Electronic Systems Sales Representative is a field sales position responsible for selling Electronic Services (Moves, Adds and changes) to assigned customer base (geography or accounts). Manage the entire sales process, from uncovering opportunity, developing solution/value proposition, preparing design, creating contract, negotiating terms, closing opportunities, and providing on-going customer service through service delivery.
* Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers by scheduling sales calls
* Following up on leads and utilizing marketing strategies.
* Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings
* Work with other sales, technical, design engineering, service, support, and management to meet customer needs
* Price and quote fire alarm systems as well as retrofit work
* Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives
* Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designated sales plan
* Develop a sales plan for assigned territory to include segmenting territory based on customer type, qualify and prioritize opportunities, and maintain appropriate territory records
* Arrange for and/or coordinate delivery and installation
* Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sales
* Assume account management responsibility including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction
* Investigate and resolve customer problems in regard to delivery dates, billings, financing and other related matters. Arrange for and/or coordinate delivery and installation
* Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates
* Conduct seminars, demonstrations, etc. in order to generate, develop and qualify leads for prospective customers
* Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sale
* Complete and submit monthly sales reports
* Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers to ensure that SimplexGrinnell is meeting their requirements to ensure long-term customer loyalty
* Related diploma/degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Three (3) to Five (5) plus years of successful sales experience in the fire protection or similar industry
* Proven ability to manage a territory with little supervision
* Demonstrated leadership and proven negotiation skills and sales achievements
* Self-motivated with dedicated client services focus and strong desire to succeed
* Exceptional presentation skills with demonstrated sales techniques
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical and electrical documents
TYCO IS AN EEO/AA/FEMALE/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABILITY EMPLOYER.