Electronic Systems Sales Executive 9/8/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in life safety and property protection. We serve over one million customers in the United States and Canada, providing a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, integrated security, sound and communications, and nurse call systems and services. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life safety protection is absolutely vital from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings, and government facilities. In everything we do, SimplexGrinnell strives to keep people and property safe.
The primary function of this position is to identify, promote and sell SimplexGrinnell Building Systems products. Must be able to establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and utilizing SimplexGrinnell marketing strategies, to determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop a sales plan for assigned territory to include segmenting territory based on customer type to qualify and prioritize opportunities, and to maintain appropriate territory records.
* Must be able to allocate time effectively with the goal of meeting or exceeding quote requirements.
* Conduct seminars, demonstrations, etc.
* Generate, develop and qualify leads for prospective customers.
* Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations and perform necessary follow-up.
* Must maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of follow on sales.
* Participate in trade shows.
* Special product demonstrations and other events with the objective of increasing sales and enhancing the company's image.
* BS or BA a plus
* High school or equivalent a must.
* Minimum of 3 years successful sales experience in Electronic or similar industry.
* Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams is desirable.
* Exposure to computer/ applications software a plus
* Computer Literate - Windows Applications
* Must possess good oral and written communication skills and sales techniques
* Presentation skills
* Must have the ability to persuade and close sales.
* Must be a self-motivator with good organizational skills.
* Valid Driver's License
* Must be able to pass a background and drug testing.
SimplexGrinnell offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.