Electronic Systems Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 1/20/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONPlease note we are having a hiring event: Wednesday, November 9th from 1pm to 8:00 pm at our office located: 22712 Commerce Center Court Ste. 114 Dulles, VA 20166. No appointment necessary, if interested we will look forward to meeting you. For more information email Yolanda Wolfson at firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary function of this position is to identify, promote and sell the company's Building Systems products. Must be able to establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and utilizing the company's marketing strategies, to determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop a sales plan for assigned territory to include segmenting territory based on customer type to qualify and prioritize opportunities, and to maintain appropriate territory records.
* Must be able to allocate time effectively with the goal of meeting or exceeding quote requirements.
* Conduct seminars, demonstrations, etc.
* Generate, develop and qualify leads for prospective customers.
* Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations and perform necessary follow-up.
* Must maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of follow on sales.
* Participate in trade shows.
* Special product demonstrations and other events with the objective of increasing sales and enhancing the company's image.
* BS or BA a plus
* High school or equivalent a must.
* Minimum of 3 years successful sales experience in Electronic or similar industry.
* Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams is desirable.
* Exposure to computer/ applications software a plus
* Computer Literate - Windows Applications
* Must possess good oral and written communication skills and sales techniques
* Presentation skills
* Must have the ability to persuade and close sales.
* Must be a self-motivator with good organizational skills.
* Valid Driver's License
* Must be able to pass a background and drug testing.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of JCI we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI IS AN EEO/AA/FEMALE/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABILITY EMPLOYER.