Electronic Systems Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
East Syracuse, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONA world of opportunity awaits you
FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
* Complete Service Acknowledgement with proper coding through communicating devices, such as laptop computers and/or hardcopy
* Follow and maintain a highly structured installation schedule
* Program all systems via laptop computer.
* Troubleshoot, repair and program all types of Communication and Security Systems
* Complete assigned installations on time and on budget
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
* Experience programming new fire alarm systems.
* Experience with access control, security systems or CCTV a pllus.
* Knowledge of low voltage wiring, basic computer operation and troubleshooting techniques required
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
* Ability to adhere to and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
* Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision
* Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
* NICET certification is a plus
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
* 80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
* More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
* 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
* 300 international airports
* 100 major stadiums around the world
* Most of the Fortune 500
* 50% of US universities
* Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at http://www.tyco.com/careers