Electronic Systems Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONA WORLD OF OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU
FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
SimplexGrinnell, an integrated unit of Tyco International Ltd., is a recognized leader in the manufacture, sales and service of state-of-the-art monitor and control systems for fire alarm, integrated security (access control, CCTV, intrusion alarm), communications, nurse call, portable fire extinguishers, suppression and sprinkler fire protection systems. Our continued success and growth has produced a need for a talented Electronic Systems Technician.
* Perform service and new installation commissioning activities on fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion alarm and intercom systems
* Supervise and inspect the installation of equipment to meet customer expectations and manufacturer specifications
* Field coordination and communication, system programming, commissioning, AHJ testing and training on new system installations
* Evaluate and diagnose equipment that requires servicing as well as troubleshooting potential field wiring problems
* Provide specific solutions and recommendations to customers on the most efficient and cost effective method in restoring a specific system back to normal condition
* Manage assigned Electronic Systems service calls in regards to field labor hours estimated
* Customer satisfaction through coordination, response to customer requests and problems and clear communication skills
* Prepare reports on daily activities
* May be required to work overtime
* Read and understand complicated blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/system programs, and operation/product manuals
* Required to lift and or carry equipment and tools, which may be over forty (40) pounds Working environment may involve climbing ladders and scaffoldings with equipment, upwards to forty (40) feet Capable of working in cramped workspaces such as ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
* Must adhere to all OSHA and SimplexGrinnell safety policies and procedures
* Complete mileage and monthly vehicle reports in a timely manner
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
* 2-5 years experience with installation and service of fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion and intercom systems
* Demonstrate working knowledge of electricity and electronics In addition, demonstrate an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs
* Ability to effectively work independently
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service
* Be able to carry and move equipment/tools weighing up to 40 pounds
* Minimum high school/trade school graduate, military, or two year Associate degree in a technical field involving electronics or computers
* Working knowledge of personal computers (Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7) and Microsoft's suite of Office software
* Working knowledge of IT network systems
* Ability to use hand and power tools and test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices as required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents, as well as project plans, specifications, schedules and equipment installation/operation/troubleshooting manuals
* NICET Level II certification in Fire Alarm desired, but not required If not already NICET certified, will need to obtain Level II certification within 6 months of date of hire
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
* 80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
* More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
* 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
* 300 international airports
* 100 major stadiums around the world
* Most of the Fortune 500
* 50% of US universities
* Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
REWARDS AND BENEFITS:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at HTTP://WWW.TYCO.COM/CAREERS