Electronic Systems Technology Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Palm Bay, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONElectronic Systems Technology Project ManagerJob ID:
Electronic Systems Technology Project Manager Job Code:
ES20160408-13395 Job Description:
The Technology Project Manager shall support the development of the segment-level technology portfolio, with emphasis on CheckPoint alignment and IRAD project management to meet segment strategic objectives. These activities shall seek to further Harris's Electronic System business with respect to leadership in our current markets and advancement into adjacencies with innovative applications of current offerings, new business models, and generation of future technology discriminators through the Harris Research and Development process. The Electronic Systems Technology Project Manager shall seek to improve R&D execution and will design and implement processes that streamline and focus R&D in support of the business. He/she shall also participate in industry scanning of market and technology trends to influence internal investment. Duties critical to success:* Mange and report on the ES technology investment portfolio
* The Project Manager shall implement portfolio tracking and management tools that allow intuitive assessment of the R&D project portfolio's characteristics including
* Alignment to ES strategic objectives
* Adherence to CheckPoint process
* Diversity of portfolio projects
* Near and long term investment spread
* Leverage against business areas and existing projects
* Revenue Options
* CheckPoint progression rate
* Project performance
* The PM shall track project selection and execution to benefit the aforementioned performance metrics.
* The PM shall provide regular R&D and CheckPoint status to various stake holders, including Business leaders, Tech Management Lead, Director of BD and Technology , and the VP of Strategy
* The PM shall seek to increase collaboration and identify synergies throughout ES
* The PM shall monitor all projects for performance against objectives
* The PM shall manage the project portfolio to meet office of Technology Management budgets
* The PM shall review IR&D documents to ensure compliance to the FAR, and internal policy
* The PM shall interface and coordinate the Core Technology Center lead to assess availability of technologies from potential partners and track disruptive technologies Qualifications:* BS in Engineering with 10+ years of equivalent work experience. Preferred Additional Skills:* Ability to utilize automation tools to collect and summarize project status
* The PM should be able to distill a broad diverse project set into a high level summary to show alignment to ES strategy
* Leadership across the segment to set standards for R&D project execution
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to share the ES strategy with all stakeholders and R&D contributors
* Interest and continual study in technology, business, domestic defense economy as well as global emerging markets
* Enabling collaborating across functional organizations and geographically dispersed locations
* Candidate should have an active DoD Secret (or higher) clearance, or the ability to obtain one Security Clearance StatementsPlease be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - FL - Palm Bay .