This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking an ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN that will assemble, test and troubleshoot electro-mechanical hardware. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
* Will perform technical work of a non-routine nature requiring independent judgment and analytical ability including assembly, testing, and troubleshooting prototype and developmental electro-mechanical hardware.
* Utilize test equipment.
* Work in conjunction with engineers.
* Provide assistance to engineers performing product failure analysis.
* Specific vision: ability to adjust focus.
* Associates Degree from Technical School.
* Experience with MS Office, and specifically Excel.
* Soldering experience.
* Experience reading and interpreting electrical and mechanical drawings and schematics.
* Electronic troubleshooting experience.
* Experience with electronic test equipment.
* Experience working with small hand tools (nut drivers, wrenches, screwdrivers etc.)
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Experience programing data acquisition equipment and temperature/altitude chambers.
* Experience with mechanical/pneumatic devices.
* Experience working effectively in a team environment.
* Software development or modification experience, including Labview.
* Experience following test procedures, gathering test data, and submitting summary test reports.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Recruiter: Lorie Warren