Electronic Technician II - Mahwah, NJ
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Job title: Electronic Technician II
The Electronic Technician II troubleshoots tests and repairs all MAQUET Medical Systems demo products. The position also maintains readiness of equipment using testing equipment to detect issues.
* Repairs or replaces defective electro-mechanical/mechanical components as directed/trained such as PC boards, batteries, solenoids, actuators and connectors. Troubleshoots functional problems and error codes, down loads error logs and provides to manufacturing facility as requested.
* Performs preventive maintenance on demo equipment such as cleaning, adjustments, and lubrication. Performs decontamination on demo equipment returned from the field. Completes daily service orders and the quality control checklist.
* Utilizes test and measurement equipment, such as multi-meter, oscilloscope, manometer, and micrometer. Use hand tools, crimp tools, and soldering iron as outlined in service documents.
* Supports all efforts associated with Demo transactions as well as customer units returned for repair.
* Maintains readiness of demo test equipment and advises management of tools both mechanical/hand and electronic needed in the testing and evaluating of equipment.
* Assist Electronic Technicians in repair functions and processes and provide back up as needed.
* Complete MAQUET product training and certification programs prior to working on specific medical equipment.
* Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations.
* Must be able to comply with U.S. and Worldwide medical device regulations.
* Attend the provided Quality & Compliance training.
* Adopt the "Beyond Compliance Quality Culture" in the work environment.
* Must practice verbatim compliance with corporate Quality and Regulatory procedures.
* Must not be DE-Barred by FDA for work in any Medical Device or Pharmaceutical business.
* This is not a desk electronic technician position.
* The position requires the ability to lift 40 lbs. to work bench level, perform job functions in a sitting or standing position.
* Shall train to acquire certification in the use of manual and power lifting equipment (e.g. fork lifts, stock pickers and pallet jacks)
* The position requires that work shoes are worn in designated areas.
* Ensures environmental consciousness and safe practices are exhibited in decisions.
* Associate Degree in Electronics, plus a minimum of 2 years of experience testing, repairing and maintaining medical equipment, or an equivalent work history, with the ability to interpret and use schematics, layouts and other technical documents.
* Understanding and ability to use all types of basic test equipment, hand tools and measurement equipment.
* Proficient use of tools and service test equipment.
* Ability to accurately follow written and verbal directions.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a team.
* Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel or equivalent software applications.
GETINGE Company the position is with:
MAQUET Medical Systems USA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Getinge is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability