Electronic Trading Data Analyst - Cap Mkt. / FX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Electronic Trading Data Analyst - Cap Mkt. / FX - MUST be able to convert to permanent employee
Location: Charlotte, NC - no remote
Length: 6+ months
Hourly pay rate: $48/hr.
Data Services is looking for an experienced business & data analyst to support the electronic trading business and technology teams. This role will provide the key link between the ET client area and Data Services by planning and conducting analysis for business problems to be solved with automated systems. Success in this role will be measured by the degree to which the candidate can understand the specific data needs of electronic trading and facilitate addressing those needs within the centralized, shared Data Services platform. The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of electronic trading and the reference data that enables it.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Analyze and document current state processes, data flows, and systems interactions.
* Coordinate and manage all activities related to requirements gathering, including coordinating meetings between SMEs, documenting requirements, reviewing requirements, and
* gathering signoffs.
* Front-run data requests to understand in advance what data is going to be needed for trading new asset classes and working to produce requirements well in advance of technical designs
* Research data vendors/sources and industry practices to obtain data from the best sources (e.g. best way to identify current On-the-Run Treasury)
* Take in and document new work requests; manage tracking of all ongoing work items; facilitate work prioritization
* Coordinate and facilitate the population of test data during system development. Includes sourcing data from external parties (e.g. ECNs IDs for specific securities)
* Develop procedures for maintaining reference data, including required tools, roles, and SLAs.
* Capital markets product knowledge is mandatory for below asset classes Clearable & Exchange traded interest rate and credit derivatives Fixed income (Corporate bonds, MBS, Municipal bonds etc.)
* Equities Electronic Trading reference data knowledge/experience is mandatory, including Exchange and ECN specific data (e.g. Min Tick, Min Increment)
* 5+ years of relevant business and data analysis experience, working with business, operations, and technology teams
* 7+ Years of Financial Services experience in capital markets.
* Experience in security master/product master domain within capital markets a plus
* Ability to query data via SQL and experience with technical systems (e.g. working with XML data files, analyzing data dumps from vendors, accessing data via APIs)
* Capital markets product knowledge for the specie asset classes: Stocks ETFs Convertible Bonds Listed Options Futures Preferreds Treasury Interest Rate Swaps Credit Agency Municipals FX
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.