Electronics Assembly Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Brookhaven National Laboratory
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
This position plays an essential role supporting the work of the Instrumentation Division and BNL. The primary responsibility is assembly and rework of prototype electronic designs which are based on surface mount technology (SMT). A broad range of techniques and tools are required to accomplish this task. You will regularly communicate with scientists, engineers and technicians to determine work requirements and be responsible for planning and scheduling of work. We are looking for a person with experience and existing skills in electronics assembly who can work independently and as a team member. You must be able to consistently produce precise and accurate work. A desire to learn and develop new capabilities is essential.
* The equivalence of a Technical Institute or Associate s degree in a related technical field and at least six (6) years of relevant work experience
* A basic understanding of electronic circuits and schematics
* Proficiency with SMT assembly techniques and associated equipment (pick and place, reflow oven)
* Hand soldering, wiring and cable assembly
* Hand tool proficiency
* Basic computer skills
* Good problem solving abilities
* Effective communication skills
* Self-motivated and work well under minimal supervision
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Experience with PCB design/layout
* Experience with wire bonding and/or bump bonding
* Ball Grid Array (BGA) mounting and rework
At Brookhaven National Laboratory, we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight Room, Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
We invite you to consider Brookhaven National Laboratory for employment. To be considered for this position, please apply online at BNL Careers and enter the job title into the Keyword Search.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor