Electronics & Electrical Resident Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
Fort Mill, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
ACTIVITIES GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
* Lead the New Product Introduction into plants by working closely with the product development team and advanced manufacturing Products include Power Tools with rich electronics content, Li-ion batteries and Li-ion Charger Assemblies
* Plan and supervise quality improvement thru Lean-Six Sigma techniques reducing or eliminating waste thru the organization.
* Implement proper corrective action to internal or customer quality issues
* Assure the compliance of new products quality requirements according with Milestone process.
* Following supplier quality issues closely with the SQE and drives corrective actions
* Maintains and improves original quality, design and performance of mature products.
* Drives 5% productivity in the cost of product, warranty and quality
* To assure that all the product run within the engineering specifications
* Responds to internal corrective actions
* Responds to customer complaints
* Ensures that the quality system meets requirements of customer standards and regulations
* Ensures that the products comply with certifications, standards
* Functions as the plant Representative for ISO 9001
* Supports Lean-Six-Sigma projects
* Conducts technical investigations and determines the need for design changes
* Recommends and qualifies solutions to issues providing engineering documentation as needed
* Keeps all technical documentation current
* Approval authority for all proposed material substitutions
* Manages specific projects in support of warranty, reliability, total cost and quality improvement objectives
* Participates in the disposition of deviant materials and components. Disposition First Piece Inspection discrepancies for mature products.
* Assures that REA process metrics are accomplished
* Drive warranty reduction trends by participating in product teardowns and implement corrective and preventive actions
* Maintain all technical documentation for mature product.
* Ensure compliance to Engineering and Safety standards for all component and supplier changes made on mature products.
* Serve as an electronics technical resource for Quality, Mfg. and Production teams on product related questions.
* Develop / update service kits as required by service departments.
* Ensure UL/CSA compliance files are updated as products / components / standards change
* Serve as engineering support for Derivative-mods (class II and III).
* Work with Quality in analyzing conformance test failures to find root cause and implement solution.
* Support Value Improvement & Risk Mitigation Projects to drive Design-to-Value (DTV) Initiatives while maintaining mature product integrity.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* BS or equivalent in engineering discipline Electronics & Electrical Engineering
* 3 years experience in design of high volume electronics/electrical systems
* 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment
* Demonstrated leadership
* Able to work under pressure
* Well rounded in engineering concepts, problem solving skills, and data analysis.
* A self-starting, results oriented individual who works well in a team environment and commits to tough decisions when required.
* Must be well organized, able to handle multiple projects and priorities and be adept at information gathering and technical decision-making in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
* Must have good communication and interpersonal skills with ability to generate professional presentations.
* Knowledge of Analog and Power electronics, microcontroller circuits, motor control circuits, power supplies
* Working knowledge of Electronics equipment such as oscilloscopes, power meters, tester equipment etc.,
* Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office programs.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.