Electronics Engineer- Brushless Motor/Drives Innovation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
DeWalt Industrial Tools, the professional brand of Stanley Black & Decker, is seeking an Electronics Engineer to join the Brushless Motor/Drives Innovation team to design, prototype and optimize Electronic motor controls in concert with new Electronic motor concepts
Potential candidates should have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor of Science Electrical / Electronics Engineering / Computer Engineering/Electronics Technology
* ABET recognized institution
* 1-8 years relevant work experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Critical thinking that distinguishes correct from questionable results.
* Highly motivated to investigate and solve problems.
* Good organization skills and attention to detail.
* Hands-on approach and ability to work independently.
* Knowledge of Motor Controls topologies including: AC phase, DC PWM, inverters, brushless motor control electronics.
* Working knowledge of microcontroller systems and applications including ability to modify existing code or develop new code including conversion of high level algorithms to code
* Microprocessor hardware and firmware: C-language or assembly.
* Good hardware and software troubleshooting skills
* Independently build working prototypes given outline functional descriptions.
* Skilled at Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheets.
* Ability to operate oscilloscope, meters, power supplies, etc.
* UL / IEC / FCC / CISPR compliance requirements
* Mechanical inclination and intuitiveness or Mechanical Engineering background.
* Knowledge of SMT and electronic assembly processes.
* Familiarity with Power Tools.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.