This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
DeWalt Industrial Tools, the professional brand of Stanley Black & Decker, is seeking two (2) Electronics Engineers to join the electronics team to design and develop Electronic motor controls. This is a career track position. The engineer will learn existing designs, work within a multi-discipline design team, learn to operate a world-class product management system and interact with off-shore suppliers. Progressively challenging projects will be assigned with the goal of developing an independent program manager fully responsible for product definition, concept design, schedules, cost reduction and quality analysis.
Potential candidates should have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor of Science Electrical / Electronics Engineering / Electronics Technology
* ABET recognized institution
* 1-8 years relevant work experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Critical thinking that distinguishes correct from questionable results.
* Highly motivated to investigate and solve problems.
* Good organization skills and attention to detail.
* Hands-on approach and ability to work independently.
* Knowledge of Motor Controls topologies including: AC phase, DC PWM, inverters, brushless motor control electronics.
* General knowlege of microcontroller systems and applications.
* Microprocessor hardware and firmware: C-language or assembly.
* Troubleshooting analog circuitry to component level and conclude root cause failure.
* Independently build working prototypes given outline functional descriptions.
* Positive customer service attitude focused on outcomes.
* Create and review engineering documents with detail.
* Skilled at Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheets.
* Ability to operate oscilloscope, meters, power supplies, etc.
* Structured bills of materials.
* UL / IEC / FCC / CISPR compliance requirements
* Direct Asia manufacturing experience
* Automated manufacturing test equipment
* Assembly processes: surface-mount, automatic insert and hand insert
* Soldering processes: lead-fee metallurgy and fluxing chemistries
* Mechanical inclination and intuitiveness or Mechanical Engineering background.
* Knowledge of SMT and electronic assembly processes.
* Familiarity with Power Tools.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.