Electronics Hardware Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/11/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker s 2015 Revenue was 11.2B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.1B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for a Electronics Hardware Engineer based in Towson, MD.
(Key results expected from this position in the first 6-12 months)
* DeWalt Industrial Tools, the professional brand of Stanley Black & Decker, seeks an electronics engineer to join the electronics team to design and develop brushless motor controls. This is a career track position. The engineer will learn existing designs, will learn to operate a world-class product management system and will interact with off-shore suppliers. Then progressively challenging projects will be assigned with the goal of developing an independent program manager fully responsible for product definition, concept design, schedules, cost and quality.
* International Travel: Up to 3 weeks per-year
(Minimum education and experience required and key personal characteristics)
* Bachelor of Science Electronics Engineering / Electronics Technology
* ABET recognized institution
* 3 to 8 years relevant work experience
* KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Critical thinking that distinguishes correct from questionable results
* Motor controls including brushless motor control electronics
* Microprocessor hardware and firmware: C-language or assembly is preferred
* Troubleshooting analog circuitry to root cause failure
* Independently build working prototypes given outline functional descriptions
* Positive customer service attitude focused on outcomes
* Create and review engineering documents with detail
* Structured bills of materials
* PREFERRENTIAL SKILLS
* UL / IEC / FCC / CISPR compliance requirements
* Direct Asia manufacturing experience
* Automated manufacturing test equipment
* Assembly processes: surface-mount, automatic insert and hand insert
* Soldering processes: lead-fee metallurgy and fluxing chemistries
* Injection molded plastics
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.