Electronics Software Team Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONELECTRONICS SOFTWARE TEAM LEADER
* Electronics Software Team Leader will be responsible for all code that is developed by North America and required to sign-off on all SW deliverables.
* Report to Electronics Development Manager
* Responsibility for 4 to 8 direct reports.
* Develop software with embedded C code for mechatronic systems. Develop software algorithms to control mechanical systems, identify critical areas of controlling moving masses and develop algorithms to overcome those critical areas and/or propose changes to the mechanical system.
* Key requirement of this position is to establish and maintain a strong working relationship with the central software development organization in Germany to ensure seamless cooperation. Implement and maintain all software processes and procedures identically to those in central development
* Insures that all infrastructure is maintained for tools, SRS, SIL, SPICE, CMMI, and DOORS and Synergy compliance. Responsible for SW Test Releases and Release Notes in accordance with Company procedures. Unit, module and integration testing performed to Company standards.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops software applications for controls, instruments, and systems for new commercial, domestic, and industrial uses.
* Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
* Project Management function: Develop of software timing charts, monitor upcoming tasks and milestones, identify delinquent items.
* Implement ISO 26262requirements into software in agreement with core functional safety experts.
* Develop software requirements specifications in agreement with customer and in accordance with existing specifications (customer, supplier, and/or internally).
* Propose software concepts based on reuse and/or supporting synergies.
* Development of electronic software with the corresponding supplier.
* Coordinate the creation of required documents, drawings and specifications. (i.e., SRS, SWRS, SRS-TD, SWRS-TD, CRS, etc)
* Define level of software in test samples, documentation and preparation of samples for internal and external use.
* Actively participate in FMEAs.
* Check customer and supplier drawings/standards.
* Manages change requests (internally and externally) according to the Company standard engineering change process.
* Investigate and advise on electronic product innovations.
* Communicate/coordinate with the customer team and central functions (electronics department at Company headquarters).
* Support headquarters with all electronics related competitor activities as well as new technology ("benchmarking").
* Be an active member in the Development Team.
* Control all electronics software related test/prototype activities.
* Maintain test and prototype equipment for electronics as required.
* Provide technical expertise to all SW team members, perform code reviews, review and release software release notes.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Software Engineering from four-year college or university
* Minimum of six years' experience in embedded software engineering preferably in the automotive field with embedded C
* 5years' experience in developing algorithms, specifications, testing and troubleshooting mechatronics systems preferably in the automotive environment
* Experience with NXP microcontrollers highly preferred but not required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Experience in software architecture design
* Brushless DC motor control experience - Preferred but not required
* Matlab/Simulink coding experience - Preferred but not required