This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Clemens Food Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Clemens Food Group is the industry leader in customer solutions. Originally founded in 1895, the Company has a long rich heritage, deeply rooted in values. Clemens Food Group is a vertically coordinated company that includes hog farming, food production, logistical services, and transportation. To this day, it remains steadfastly dedicated to continuing previous generations' commitment by operating as good stewards of the community and the environment, offering quality innovative products and services, and working with our business partners, customers, employees, and family members with the highest degree of integrity and ethics.
The primary purpose of an Electronic Maintenance Technician is to apply knowledge of power distribution, conduit routing, basic PLC and industrial controls, and basic troubleshooting of automated systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Completes quality electrical and electronic maintenance work.
* Repairs production or processing equipment.
* Specializes in troubleshooting and repair of modern automated equipment.
* Troubleshoots and analyzes complex problems and implements proper remedies safely.
* Performs some installation work.
* Completes minor mechanical work on breakdowns and helps save "downtime".
* Assists other divisions of the Maintenance department as needed.
* Adapts to new and changing technology.
REQUIRED DEPARTMENTAL FUNDAMENTAL COMPETENCIES:
A certain number of fundamental skills are needed by management and non-management personnel to be employed in the Electronics/Electrical Department:
* Arrive to work on time, refreshed, and ready to put in a full day's work.
* Getting dirty is part of the job.
* Must be able to work in a safe manner.
* Electronic training with advanced math skills, mechanical aptitude, computer literacy, and a continuous learning mentality are needed to be able to work on the complex machinery throughout the plant.
* Good problem-solving skills, being able to take logical steps, ability to improvise, and being resourceful are needed to get machinery repaired in a timely manner.
* After completion of work, all tools, prints, books, etc. should be returned to their proper places.
* Following through with projects and breakdowns until they are finished (such as creating permanent repairs from temporary fixes) is important.
* Being a team player, having a positive attitude, acting in a professional manner, having good customer service skills, and being able to communicate well on a daily basis.
* All standard shop procedures should be used, must be reliable, have good attendance, be self-motivated and able to work independently.
* Must function effectively under deadline and breakdown pressures and meet the physical demands of the job.
* Must have initiative and be able to aggressively work toward a goal of troubleshooting and repairing any in-house electrical and electronic automated equipment down to the component level on the circuit board.
* Must have a courteous/friendly personality and be able to act in a professional manner.
* Needs to have good communication skills and be able to follow directions from management, keep management informed of progress or changes, work independently, and have the confidence of management to get the job done right.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & COMPETENCIES:
* 5 years experience in the industrial field.
* Have strong knowledge of mechanical, electronic, electrical, computer, and programming principles used in automated processes.
* Have knowledge of computer hardware and controllers.
* Have knowledge of project management concepts.
* Understand the importance of continuous improvement and learning.
* Basic industrial electronic component fundamentals.
* Electrical distribution device fundamentals.
* Basic troubleshooting skills.
* Experience in running steel and PVC conduit.
* Three-Phase motor control Wye/Delta 9 and 12-wire configurations.
* Basic discrete electronic repair skills.
* VFD set up and operation.
* Mitsubishi FX basics.
* Mitsubishi A-series basics.
* Temperature control setup and PID tuning.
* Functionality of scales.
* Substation operation.
* Must be able to speak English.
* Be able to work independently.
* Have the ability to improve one's own knowledge and skills.
* Have the ability to change and adapt quickly, especially to new technology.
* Be able to remain calm and effective in high-pressure situations.
* Demonstrate high standards of ethical conduct.
* Be able to tactfully address disagreements.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Additional BenefitsFull service, 24/7, gym on site in our Hatfield, PA office location. Gym includes full-size basketball court, weight and exercise machines, fitness instructors and classes throughout the day.
Onsite cafeteria and company store for purchases at a discounted price.
Wellness Program with activities through the year to promote physical and mental well-being.
Annual Company picnic and celebration events for Team Member recognition.
Discounts with area businesses.