Controls Technician - GER01979
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Great new opportunity for a Controls Technician! The ideal candidate will perform all operations required to install, troubleshoot, repair, construct, modify, calibrate, test, and service digital electronic equipment in support of steel production operation and related plant facilities. Work involves a thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic wiring specification, properties of various materials and principles of operation and application of equipment. Work requires good aptitude to make all required repairs to mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, networking and control/information systems. Duties & Responsibilities
* Receive direction in the form of wiring diagrams, drawings, specifications, and/or instructions covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation and inspection of work to be done from supervisor or more senior
* Familiarity with basic operating systems and PLC system software packages to enable the troubleshooting of process problems by reviewing programs in PLC written in Ladder or Boolean.
* Programming HMI's with Wonderware.
* Basic understanding of structured query language.
* Dismantle, inspect, repair, adjust, replace and reassemble faulty parts on all types of electrical or electronic equipment such as: motors, generators, air compressors, transformers, bus work, contact shoes, insulators, relays, control equipment, switches, electrically controlled brakes, starters, battery banks, power distribution panels, electronic devices, etc.
* Make all other mechanical/maintenance repairs as required, including the replacement, repair and installation of bearings, gears, shafts, pins, couplings, etc.
* Familiarity with use of various electrical/electronic testing equipment to include Oscilloscope, Digital Multimeter, Meggar to facilitate troubleshooting as needed.
* Checks and calibrates plant instrumentation, routinely checks rolling mill, reheat furnace and finishing end electronic systems, conducts plant predictive maintenance routes as assigned.
* Provides technical assistance to maintenance and production personnel as needed.
* Install conduit fittings, switches, controls and Wire, connect and dress various conductors in proper locations as needed.
* Make minor adjustments to AC or DC motor drives using the HIM and drive tools.
* Understand Basic networking.
* 3+ years verifiable experience troubleshooting electrical and electronic systems.
* Formal Technical Training including (but not limited too) AS, AAS, Journeyman Certification, Military Pipeline, or 5 years experience and Technical Certification.
* Preferred experience with Allen Bradley Drives and PLC experience.
* Preferred experience with Instrumentation and Controls.
* Must be willing and able to pass a process technician exam.
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.