Electronics Test Technician (2nd Shift) 9/2/2016
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
For more information:
* Visit the Molex website at www.molex.com
* Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
* Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
* Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
* Read our blog at www.connector.com
We are currently building our in house Reliability Lab staff and are looking for a talented Test Technician to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role you will have the opportunity to perform setup and standard testing on Molex products for reliability prior to their release and also to perform annual validation testing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepares samples for validation testing according to standard methods and Best Practices.
* Sets up and operates standard and custom testing equipment.
* Performs general testing as required and assists with measurement systems analysis for routine testing procedures.
* Provides feedback to Senior Test Technicians and Test Engineers on means to improve sample preparation and testing procedures.
* Assists in training laboratory technicians.
* Assists in resolving test problems when necessary.
* Summarizes test results using Microsoft Excel and Word. Reviews test results with Test Engineer and alerts engineer to abnormalities or inconsistencies in test results.
* Tracks work hours performed and records notes on testing as instructed.
* Understand, support, and contribute to Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Quality (QS9000), and Environmental Management (ISO14000) Systems by following approved policies and procedures.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Two (2) years of college training in a technical field, or 3 or more years of laboratory testing experience
* 1 or more years of laboratory testing experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of set-up/programming of select lab equipment, experience with soldering and basic computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office