This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee's responsibility to fully support this vision.
Elevator employees maintain product quality and system sanitation with opportunities to assume responsibility for elevator system operations. The Casual role is an on-call position. Subsequently hours, shifts and days of work are variable based on business need. The General Mills Buffalo plant operates 24 hours per day 7 days per week. We are a 3-shift operation. Casual employees must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends.
Qualified candidates will be self-starters with clear standards of personal integrity, business ethics and values, and will be willing to work any shift and weekends. Basic computer skills are a must; previous experience in a food manufacturing setting and mechanical troubleshooting skills are preferred.
The starting wage for a Casual position is 19.83/hour.
In this role, you will:
* Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
* Perform various sanitation and clean up duties
* Attend meetings and trainings as required
* Perform additional related tasks as assigned
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
* High School Diploma or GED
* Proficiency in basic computer skills
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs
* Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
* Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends
* Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
* Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
* 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
* Demonstrated leadership ability