This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Manager Elevator Operations is focused on the leadership and technical direction of the facility based elevator team and oversight for safe and efficient operation of the elevator operations and improvements.
This position is to assist Director of Elevator Operations in the overall safe operation and direction of the Ardent Mills and CCG JV grain elevator and feed systems. Work with director to maintain, improve and establish policies and procedures for managing and improving safety, grain condition and general operations.
Lead the company to improve receiving/binning/blending grain to maintain sound condition, meet customer quality specifications and maximize mix and blend opportunities. Understand and determine procedural improvements in safety and operational practices.
Monitor and enhance efficiencies in grain handling practices to meet customer specifications and bushels per hour capacity of equipment and facilities. Improve safety of both people/practices at the plant and the physical grain handling process to ensure a safe raw grain supply to the mill. Enhance regulatory understanding and execustion at the locations.
Propose, initiate and budget capital improvement projects with input from Elevator Director of Operations, Engineering and local Management including coordination of contractor work and planning. Assist in the strategic direction of the company.
* Develop and implement elevator improvement plans based on site visits. Includes safety, raw grain safety, OEE, CL, customer service and overall elevator improvement.
* Plant and Process Optimization. Identifies operational discrepancies and provides focused solutions with a timeline for corrective action at designated facilities. Works with the plant team to continuously improve the production process, improve safety, reduce production costs, and maintain raw grain quality. Implements best and standard practices at facilities. Ensure elevators are properly and efficiently maintained. Works with the Continuous Improvement team to maximize maintenance resources and deploy new maintenance technologies. Works with facility staff to plan and execute plant managed capital improvements.
* Involved/lead groups within the organization to improve safety/people/processes and procedures.
* Collaborate/Consult: This role is leveraged to provide support the elevator department and engineering for new projects and problem solving. Work with engineering and plant team in executing and commissioning of capital projects. Participate in associated trade organizations to develop a network of Subject Matter Experts and core technology contacts
* People Leader: Engages elevator team to develop technical skills to improve elevator operations through use of technology and new equipment design. Collaborate with the Director to establish effective technical training for appropriate segments of the workforce, as well as for new supervisors and interns. Develop strength and consistency in Ardent Mills by mentoring, coaching and training. Learn and manage asset life to extend current assets as long as feasibly possible. Create a good relationship with engineering resources to get the best solution and results for issues facing the elevators. Serve of pillar teams to assist in improving elevator operations.
* Work with the Plant Manager(s), Quality Manager and Grain Merchants on inventory requirements, blending, grain quality, demurrage, minimum inventories and seek and execute on maximizing grain mix and blend opportunities. Effectively create and manage relationship with merchants to ensure elevator function is positive to the company. Work with plants to maximize financial benefits of blending grain.
* Strategic Planning: Identify and define value added projects. Responsible for carrying out systemic changes as set by the Director of Elevator Operations in collaboration with engineering to ensure the strategic delivery of elevator best practices/technology. Conducts long-term planning required to optimize elevator operations. Member of trade organizations to stay in touch with emerging technological advancements in the industry.
* Governance, Risk Management and Metrics: Use standard key performance metrics to openly, positively, and constructively to improve operations through benchmarking. Reduce risk, reduce the process impact on the environment, and lower costs in order to improve operational efficiency. Ensure accumulated knowledge and best practice is appropriately shared & captured within the milling organization to build Intellectual Capital advantage. Work with finance to ensure compliance with USDA warehouse inspections.
Skills & Experience
* Ability to travel up to 70% of the time
* Comprehend, create, teach and articulate safety, efficiency and financial concepts.
* Must exhibit strong mechanical and basic electrical skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and a different stages
* Because this position is key to a continuous 24/7 milling operation, it requires availability and willingness to be contacted and to provide assistance in excess of 50 hours per week, occasionally on evenings and weekends
* Ability to work in a manufacturing environment that involves exposure to dust, long periods of standing, ability to climb ladders and stairs, bend and move to inspect equipment, heights, weather extremes and other environmental conditions
* Ability to travel to other facilities
* Ability to effectively communicate and contribute in a group environment
* BS preferred but not required and/or 10+ years related work experience in grain industry
* Demonstrates operational curiosity and problem solving/decision making skills. Challenges status quo and seeks new solutions to old problems.
* Ability to understand process flows and equipment and trouble shoot existing flows for the purpose of optimization.
* Demonstrated ability to understand operational, engineering and business activities.
* Demonstrate the conceptual capacity to visualize future layout of equipment for planning elevator expansions or renovations.
* Demonstrated ability to understand CAD drawings of facility layouts, equipment components and flowsheets.
* Demonstrated ability to implement technical solutions and best practices at facilities throughout the organization.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and teach others machinery mechanics, safe operation and maintenance.
* Demonstrated ability to influence others and lead process improvement initiatives across a broad geography.
* Demonstrated strong leadership and mentoring skills. Ability to effectively lead and influence across all levels within the organization.
* Demonstrated strong communication skills. Ability to interpret and explain technical concepts into terms understood by others.
* Proven ability to read, analyze and interpret technical data derived from business periodicals, technical papers, and professional journals.
* Experience in project development from a cost/risk analysis, project management, and project implementation, develop capital project planning cost/benefit analysis, projecting return on investment and work with the Engineering department for