This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Commerce City, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Elevator Supervisor is responsible for managing the elevator operation at the Commerce City Grain Elevator. Job duties include, but are not limited to managing the department employees, receiving/binning/monitoring wheat to ensure sound condition, blending wheat to meet customer quality requirements and maximizing mix and blend opportunities, maintaining safe work environment and scheduling efficient operations of the department to meet budget requirements.
* Schedule and monitor all wheat movement including supplier relationships, feed, unloads, accurate grading processes, grain condition, loading, blends, sanitation, maintenance, transfers, fumigations, inventory DB, and accounting for all grain movements. Manage rail logistics and plan daily switching operations for elevator and mill plants. Staff/Schedule shuttle trains. Involved/ lead groups within the organization to improve safety/people/processes and procedures.
* Supervise the department employees and plan the work schedules to improve safety and sanitation conditions, continuous improvement, reduce nuisance issues, and institute a culture of success and 5S/pristine environments.
* Work with the Asst. Plant Manager, Quality Manager, and Grain Merchants on inventory requirements, blending, grain quality, demurrage, minimum inventories, and seek/execute on maximizing grain mix and blend opportunities. Effectively create and manage relationship with merchants to ensure elevator function is positive to the company.
* Purchase equipment and supplies to provide tools to promote 5S/pristine environment and perform audits at other locations. Be a multi-plant resource to support and guide others in grain management or other practices.
* Training of departmental employees, safety/elevator audits, weekly elevator inspection and improvements, support other departments as needed, and assist in SAP/365/OAM organization. Have a passion for elevator management in learning additional skills and ideas to improve processes/procedures throughout the organization.
* Manage budget, support projects, facility structure, equipment, improvement ideas and capital spending in the department, communicate rail pipeline to merchants, elevator assistant plant manager, and/or plant manager, plan maintenance, troubleshooting and root cause corrective action. Work with engineering and elevator ops to create and institute solutions to problems, submit CIR s and manage projects. Learn and manage asset life to extend current assets as long as feasibly possible. Create good relationship with engineering resources to get the best solution and results for issues facing the department. Serve on pillar teams or company elevator teams to assist in improving elevator operations.
* Miscellaneous assigned duties, including some travel.
Skills & Experience
* Minimum of an associate degree and 3+ years supervising or bachelors degree and 1 yr supervisory experience in grain industry.
* Ability to get Fumigant Applicator License within 6 months of accepting role.
* Strong Leadership Behaviors.
* Demonstrated Safety and Food Safety Champion Behaviors.
* Strong Interpersonal Skills (communication, coaching, setting expectations, providing feedback).
* Demonstrated problem solving/decision making skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and lead others to work as a team.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
* Experience in a union facility is a plus.
* Experience with several computer applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
* Willing to work a flexible schedule and some weekends.
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.