Embedded Linux Application Developer - Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis is a rapidly growing technology innovator, providing transformative Technology solutions to a rapidly-expanding client base worldwide. This is an opportunity to work with an Advanced Technology Development team in a rapidly growing industry leader providing Supply Chain Technology solutions to major industrial, commercial and institutional clients worldwide.
Seeking a versatile, well-rounded professional who thrives on solving difficult problems. Who has both Master-level knowledge and experience in architecting, designing and developing Embedded Linux Application software. This is not just another opportunity - every day in this position you will find new challenges and opportunities. You will be running fast alongside of other highly-talented technologists to develop breakthrough solutions to real-world commercial problems. You voice will be heard and your great ideas will be implemented. CANDIDATE MUST BE LIVING IN THE U.S. THIS IS A CLIENT DIRECT/FULL-TIME (NO SUBS/C2C)
This Linux Application Architect-Developer will be required to lead complex software development projects utilizing Linux based compilers in the architecture, design and execution of embedded systems. This position requires strong communication and leadership skills with demonstrated experience and success in complex embedded Linux application software architecture development, and software design, implementation, and test. The candidate must be able to drive the development of, and maintain ownership of, complex engineering projects throughout life-cycle including specification, architecture, design, implementation, testing, and post-release maintenance. The candidate will be required to demonstrate a commitment to process/policy compliance and a willingness to promote continuous improvement initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Architecting, implementing and Maintaining an _EMBEDDED LINUX_ image for embedded products
* Writing expert-level software in _C/C++_ for Embedded Linux devices
* Participating in software design process by asking questions, "poking holes," offering suggestions, etc.
* Following industry best practices when implementing software, especially around areas surrounding security and privacy
* Testing software via automated methods, including but not limited to writing and running unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests, as well as manual methods
* Using visual design, information architecture, and interaction design to assist the writing of working software
* Checking code into version control according to company version control policy
* Keeping up on changes and advances in the technical world
* Participating in architecture discussions and decisions
* Participation in code reviews
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* At least 3 years of professional experience programming with _C/C++._
* Understanding of _LINUX APPLICATIONS ON EMBEDDED DEVICES_
* Understanding of threading, message queues, IPC, and memory management
* Understanding of Remote Procedure Call and Data Serialization
* Understanding of advanced softwareengineering techniques
* Knowledge of multiple areas of softwareengineering
* Experience implementing automated tests, including unit, functional, and integration tests
* Advanced version control and _SCM KNOWLEDGE SUCH AS SUBVERSION, GIT, MERCURIAL_.
* Testing and debugging experience on embedded Linux platforms
* Experience developing _QT_ applications (or similar application framework experience)
* Experience designing and implementing JSON messaging
* Experience interfacing embedded devices with _ENTERPRISE OR CLOUD BASED SYSTEMS_
* Experience using a Linux platform build system like Wind River or OpenEmbedded/Angstrom
* Project planning/management
* Networking protocols: TCP, UDP, HTTP
* Security and encryption protocols such as SSL, TLS, SSH, PKI, AES
Company offers a very competitive base salary and a full benefits package including health insurance, life, dental and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
CANDIDATE MUST BE LIVING IN THE U.S. THIS IS A CLIENT DIRECT/FULL-TIME (NO SUBS/C2C)