Embedded Linux Device Driver Engineer - Level III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 4/20/2017
Cobham AvComm Wichita
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - LEVEL III with strong embedded systems and device driver experience. The ideal candidate will have a diverse background including strong embedded systems, device driver development and wireless technology.
* Provides assistance in estimating project task and schedules. Also provides other information to management for planning purposes.
* Can lead or coordinate other engineers on certain activities to achieve task completion.
* Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Introduce or define new technology for Aeroflex, Wichita Inc. engineering as needed.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
* Can translate customer requirements to engineering specifications.
* Coordinates tasks with other Aeroflex Wichita, Inc. departments to meet task objectives.
* Can perform software tradeoff analyses and in many circumstances determine whether a design should be implemented in software.
* Coordinates with hardware design engineers to provide effective system solutions.
* Demonstrates high degree of proficiency in discipline to determine good match between design requirement intended function and engineering implementation or methodology.
* Can translate system level specifications to module level specifications.
* Develops test plans for product verification. Assists test department and/or manufacturing for production test process/procedures creation.
* Is familiar with industry engineering standards.
* Demonstrates proficiency in discipline to complete tasks independently.
* Prepares design reviews.
* Assists in the definition of test requirement for product integration, and/or transition to manufacturing phase.
* Creates software to meet intended requirements. Tests and troubleshoots SW as required.
* Ensure product conforms to requirements by following established procedure and design standards.
* Verifies items created or defined by developing and conducting tests to ensure specifications are met.
* Ensures completion of all documentation required for production introduction.
* Selects/specifies components as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineer, Computer Science or Electrical Engineer
* 3 years of demonstrated experience with Device drivers and hardware interfaces.
* 3 years experience with embedded processors, with in-depth experience of operating system concepts
* 3 years of Windows and/or Linux driver development.
* 3 Experience with embedded hardware architectures (ARM or PPC or Intel)
* 3 years experience C and C programming skills.
* Experience with hardware dubug using oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, PROTECTED VETERAN OR DISABLED STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAMCAREERS.COM OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM.
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAMCAREERS.COM.
Job Category: Engineering - Design
Primary Location: US-Kansas-Wichita
Organization: Cobham AvComm Wichita
Recruiter: John Carter