Embedded SW Engineer - Mahwah, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION OVERVIEW:
Responsible for applying wide range of software engineering principles, theories, concepts, and related disciplines in order to solve a wide range of difficult problems with imaginative and practical approaches. Performs analysis, design, and testing of one or more complex components or systems. The problems are diverse and analysis of data requires the use of judgment within defined practices and policies. Plans, prepares, and completes the design of assigned complex projects. May supervise or be responsible for the completion of a less complex project. Works with little to no direction. May develop approaches, methods, and procedures on new assignments.
The software engineer makes design decisions based on requirements analysis and technical review. A more senior level software engineer may critique the design. The Software Engineer makes the implementation and testing decisions within the guidelines of the standards and project requirements. The analysis, design, implementation, and testing is reviewed and approved by peers and more senior level engineers before it is released.
* Debugs and resolves complex software problems with minimal assistance from higher level engineers.
* Completes or supervises the analysis and design of fairly complex system or program components.
* Implement or supervise the implementation of fairly complex software based on analysis and design.
* Writes and executes fairly complex Unit Tests.
* Participates in design and code reviews.
* Mentors and guides junior software engineers or coops.
* BS is Computer Science of Electrical Engineering with 6 to 8 years of related software experience, or MS with 4 to 6 years of related software experience.
* Significant experience with Object Oriented Programming and Object Oriented Design in C/C++.
* Significant experience with the development of software for embedded devices.
* Strong Analytical and mathematical ability.
* Ability to a key contributing member of a cross-functional development team.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
* Excellent problem-solving, design, and technical skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Getinge is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability