Embedded Software Architect*
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: #3662
Title: Embedded Software Architect*
Date Posted: 09/12/2016
Job Location: Lexington Massachusetts
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information.
Odyssey Systems is focused on the synthesis of dynamic and complex control and autonomous systems, from concept to realization, for a wide variety of prototypes. Prototype applications span various mission areas, such as space control; air, missile and maritime defense; communication and tactical systems; homeland protection; and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance systems. The group has expertise in dynamic stabilization and platform control; advanced autonomy; pointing, acquisition, and tracking; guidance; navigation and estimation; robotics; mapping; intra- and inter-system planning (e.g., swarming); demanding real-time embedded software and firmware control; image processing; machine learning; human-machine interaction; space-qualified electronics; and analog and power electronics. Applied research and development projects include space optical payloads, small satellites, airborne laser radars and imaging systems, and autonomous air, ground, and maritime systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Responsibilities involve working closely with a small team to define the software architecture and requirements based on high-level system requirements and the overall design, perform system trades on possible implementations, perform the software design and implementation, and test of the real-time system running in and controlling the hardware.
Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
Hands-on real-world experience with the following is required:
* Architecting, benchmarking, designing, and programming software for physical hardware motion control in C or C++ programming language for a hard real-time (time-deterministic, interrupt-driven, task-based, multi-threaded) environment using an RTOS such as real-time Linux, VxWorks, or Xenomai.
* Integration and testing of the software while utilizing and controlling the hardware in a laboratory setting of all of the above.
* BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 10 years of experience in programming demanding real-time embedded applications for physical hardware motion control.
* This includes interrupt-driven task-based multi-threaded software for physical control running on a real-time operating system (RTOS) such as VxWorks or real-time Linux for a high-reliability application such as a space-based or aerospace system.
* Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret clearance
Also somewhat desirable but NOT the primary focus of the requirement is:
* Firmware programing using VHDL or Verilog
* Digital design and schematic capture using Mentor Graphics tools
* Analog or power circuit design
* Familiarity with various types of laboratory instrumentation, including oscilloscopes, function generators, meters, logic analyzers, and frequency counters
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Location: Lexington, Ma
* Travel: Non-Anticipated
* Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability