Embedded Software Developer / Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHi ,
Hope you are doing great today !
ROLE : EMBEDDED SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/TEST ENGINEER
LOCATION : DANBURY, CT
EXPERIENCE (YEARS) : 8+
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Reviews the requirements, designs, implementations, integrates and tests embedded level software used in medical imaging products.
* Develop and test software under an Agile/Scrum/Continuous Integration methodology.
* Develops the functional, design, interface and test specifications and/or tools with minimal supervision.
* Accurately estimate the time to complete scheduled tasks and evaluate on a regular basis the actual versus the planned task times, providing input to the schedules as necessary.
* Participates in Design reviews under the direction of Lead Engineers
* Ensure that design implementation, test and maintenance methods/processes are developed and executed in a manner, which supports all applicable quality standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
* Knowledge of practical software solutions and be able to apply software design techniques to the development of embedded systems software
* In-depth experience in development of functional, design and interface aspects of a product at board, sub-system and system level
* Proficiency with C/C++ and Assembler level programming languages in an embedded environment
* Understanding of the interaction between hardware and software at component, sub-system and system levels
* Ability to read and understand circuit diagrams, to identify control signals and processor inputs
* Significant experience in the development of software under an RTOS environment
* Ability to comprehend existing code and perform analysis to produce state/timing charts from code constructs
* Ability to manage time to be able to handle multiple overlapping projects
* Ability to work comfortably in both individual and team environments
* Bachelordegree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Computer Systems with five years plus experience in a related field including at least 3 years in an Embedded Software Development role
THE FOLLOWING SPECIALIZED SKILLS ARE HIGHLY VALUED:
* Experience with PWM motor drivers and PID controllers and the related issues.
* Knowledge of Freescale processors and controllers.
* Knowledge of ARM processors and controllers.
* "Failsafe" software design experience.
* Project management tools/techniques.
* Knowledge of different micro-controller architectures.
* State machines/finite automata/logic reduction techniques.
* Knowledge of communications protocols (e.g., CANBus, I2C, RS-232/485).
* Experience with a variety of development tool chains.
* Device Driver experience under Windows or UNIX/Linux.
* Experience with embedded real-time graphics displays.
* Experience with requirements capture and tracking (e.g. DOORS,JAMA)