Embedded Software Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: EMBEDDED SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER - DIRECT HIRE / FULLTIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: DETROIT, MI
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
Min 5year of exp.
* Takes direction from the Software Technical Lead.
* Primary responsibility for one or more modules of the Battery Management Systemsoftware.
* Responsible for code construction, static analysis, unit testing and peer reviews, and ensuring proper revision control of all work products
* Works independently to execute work plans and provide status updates and adjust to changing requirements.
* Participates in the Software Change Review Board, including providing input and analysis and joining in the decision making process.
* Tracks and analyses softwarerequirements changes.
* Translates customer requirements into detailed softwarerequirements and design as needed.
* Supports Quality, Reliability and Robustness efforts (DFMEA, Fault Tree analysis.)
* Support troubleshooting of software issues for both development and production software releases, including troubleshooting software running on electronics hardware, battery packs and vehicles.
* Ensures revision management of work products
* Supports Software Validation Team in designing appropriate requirements validation.
* Minimum 3years of embedded software development in C and/or C++
* Familiarity with System/SoftwareEngineering process
* Familiarity with embedded softwareengineering concepts and basic working knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++ /Assembly
* Experience with Major automotive microprocessors (Motorola/Freescale, Intel, STMicro)
* Excellent verbal and written English
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to interface well with internal and external customers
* Ability to work independently or as a lead member on a development team
* High level of analytical ability where problems are unique and complex
* Matlab/Simulink/RTW experience
* Structured software design and code development methods (e.g. SPICE/CMMI)
* In depth experience with automotive CAN communication using Vector Tools (CANoe,CANalyser, CANAPE, etc)
* Knowledge of HV Battery Pack & Hybrid/Electric Vehicle operation
* Vehicle HV Battery testing experience
* Quality & Reliability disciplines (FMEA, 8D, APQP)
* Automotive network data structures, protocols, (e.g. CAN, GM LAN, FNOS, J1939)
* Ability to proactively suggest improvements in work methodology