Embedded Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEmbedded Software Engineer
Location: Clifton, NJ
Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense
Job Category: Engineering - Other Engineering
Base Salary - $115,000 to $115,000
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
2+ to 5 years experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
Hours Per Week: 40
Visa Candidate Considered: No
* A bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Employees often have advanced degrees in field of specialization.
* 10+ years' experience in software development
* 7+ years working with C++
* VxWorks or similar embedded OS experience
* UML design experience * Signal Processing (DSP) background a plus
* Electronic Warfare and Radar experience is a plus
* Rhapsody experience a plus
* Doors and MKS experience a plus
* Capable of working on both high and low level software
* Self-starter is a MUST - capable of digging in with little direction/oversight
* You MUST be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain Secret security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* The versatility to contribute at all development phases, from upfront architectural design to backend implementation and integration
* Willingness to work on all lifecycle activities, including hands on testing in the integration lab
* Strong self-motivation and initiative
* Ability to work on both high and low level software
* Familiarity with radar systems or the electronic warfare domain is preferred
More specifically, in this role you will:
* Design, develop, operate and maintain software components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements.
* You will develop real time embedded systems involving software for digital signal processing, electronic warfare, and control and display components, interface with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support staff.
* You will participate in the full life cycle of most projects (embedded development, analyzing requirements to integration).
Does the candidate have experience with UML
Does the candidate have embedded development with C++
Does the candidate have experience with real time operating systems, VxWorks specifically