Embedded Software Engineer I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Position is located in Westminster MA.
This position is for an entry level, results oriented embedded software designer developing software for new products associated with fire alarm systems including but not limited to: TCP/IP networking , routing and linux in a distributed monitoring and control environment, ,audio communication systems, and notification, etc
The successful applicant will be technically competent and a quick learner. Under the direction of more senior designers will participate in the design, implementation, and testing of both software tools and product software. Able to work independently and solve simple to moderately complex tasks and problems.
* Ability to learn to design, implement, and test software for embedded systems either as an individual or as part of a larger team.
* Design, implement, and test pc based software tools for building and testing code
* Implement and support of software automated test as an integral part of software development
* Participate in special projects and assignments as directed by supervisor
* Assist with: selection and deployment of software tools, writing specifications, collection and processing of metrics, etc
Bachelors Degree with 0-2 years related experience or a minimum of 5 years related experience with a High School diploma
* Ability to organize, and plan a small project
* Ability to design software at the component level
* Ability to learn and understand concepts and instructions easily
* Ability to work alone or as part of a team
* Knowledge of linux and networking / TCP/IP a plus.