Embedded Software Engineer ( Multiple ) - Vehicle Safety 8/29/2016
The PRA Group Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER - MI
Our client, a cutting edge developer of advanced automotive technology, is looking for an Embedded SoftwareEngineer to join their team. In this position, you will develop control systems for next generation technology. This is a full life cycle position, with responsibilities in requirements analysis, software design, coding, writing/executing test plans, and delivery into production. You'll work hand in hand with engineers from other teams (hardware, systems, etc) to make sure the final product hits all goals. Otherresponsibilities include:
* Establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan for assigned tasks
* Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to software lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
* Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
* Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings;
* Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
This is a client offering both exciting work and long-term stability. You'll be working on cutting-edge technologies that are always evolving, which means your work will never be routine. They also offer an open, team oriented work environment and will support your career growth.
* BSEE/CE/CS and 3+ years of experience in embedded software design.
* Experience with automotive systems is a strong plus
* Strong skills in C development for 16/32 bit microcontrollers, along with some knowledge of Assembly. Should have experience in RTOS-based development.
* Full life cycle experience, including tasks such as requirements generation, design reviews, implementation and validation of design.
* Experience with CAN protocols (GMLAN, FNOS, etc.), AUTOSAR, and/or development tools such as CodeWrite, compilers, emulators, etc. is a plus.
* Solid communication skills.
Location: Southeast MI
Salary Range: $75,000-110,000/year
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: Subject to review
Keywords: "Controller Area Network", Embedded, "General Motor Local Area Network", "Ford Network Operating System", Embedded, firmware, "real time", "real-time", RTOS, software, GUI, "graphical user interface", Engineer, "Vector tools", GMLAN, GM-LAN, "GM LAN", Canape, Canoe, Canalyzer, CMMI, AUTOSAR, HIL, SIL, c/c++, "programming", vehicle, vehicles, engineering