Embedded Software Engineer 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING:
* Hands-on embedded software design and implementation doing embedded programming, and system integration of wireless and sensor system, including, but not limited to, MCUs, radios, GPS and other advanced sensor modules.
* New product design, on-board software programming for wireless sensors, system design, component specifications, and software design for the integration of embedded system into larger-scale applications.
* Involved in the entire process of research and product development cycles for current and up-coming projects.
* Able to work in all environments as needed, both as an individual and team contributor, and will likely include some hands-on work in labs, industrial and outside field environments.
* Ability to occasionally travel to customer sites is preferred.
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NEED:
* B.S.C.S. or B.S.E.E. or equivalent.
* Excellent Programming Skills (C/C++, C#, VB, etc.)
* Hands on experience with embedded software coding and debugging - close to the chip level.
* Hands on ability to read schematics, troubleshoot boards.
* Desire and ability to learn quickly, with a highly motivated and self-starter working style
* Desire to design, prototype, build and test new products towards their commercialization
* Engineering Analysis skills (e.g. for data collection and system operation validation)
* Familiarity with SoftwareEngineering design principles - project life cycle, source control (SVN), etc.
* Capable of using hardware development and debug tools including emulators, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multi-meters and other lab test equipment.
* Familiarity with typical embedded sensors such as GPS, strain gauges, radios.
* Experience programming in the Linux environment and familiarity with the .NET framework and Visual Studio.
* Familiarity with socket programming, routers, network programming and network configuration.
* Excellent record keeping and documentation keeping skills: specification creation, test output documentation, design documentation, final reports, block diagrams, simple schematics, etc.
* Ability to provide project oversight as needed and two years related experience in one or more of the above areas.