Embedded Software / Firmware Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The embedded software/ firmware engineer is responsible for bios and board bring up.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the focus on BIOS and board bring up, Linux device drivers and microcontroller firmware, customize boot-loader and Linux operating system for embedded platforms;
- Responsible for the coordinating and prioritizing application modifications and bug fixes
- Responsible for working with the customer support team to troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Responsible for the support, maintenance and documentation of software functionality
- Responsible for Contributing to the development of internal tools to streamline the engineering and build and release processes
- Responsible for the production of functional specifications and design documents
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Science Engineering
- 3+ years of work experience in Embedded Linux
- Fluency in c programming required
- Experience with new/untested hardware board bring-up required
- Demonstrated ability to read hardware schematics and use lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, multimeters and jtag probes to resolve problems required
- Must be knowledgeable in low-level board-support software/hardware interfacing for ddr3 memory, local bus timings, ethernet phys, nor/nand flash, i2c/spi, and others.
- Experience with diverse cpu types such as powerpc/powerquicc/qoriq, arm, mips, and x86 preferred
- Competency with creating engineering and user documentation expected
- Ability to work in a fast past environment with multiple concurrent projects expected
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace
- Fluent domain of the English language: ability to read, write and speak English well and ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Health Benefits:
(Employee and Family Coverage)
Access to Supplemental Benefits through Colonial Insurance
- 401k with yearly company contribution
- 8 Paid holidays per year
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Workout Facility and more
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject "Job ID # 1872".