Emergency & Continuity Manager - Emergency Management (EHS SPEC 4)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Emergency & Continuity Manager - Emergency Management (EHS SPEC 4)
Professional Support Staff
40 ; 100%
MB Emergency Mgmt
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
This position reports directly to the Director of Emergency Management and interacts continually with staff at all levels within all practices, departments, and units throughout the Medical Center. This position serves as an emergency management/business continuity expert that provides guidance to other UCSF Medical Center personnel in these areas specifically planning and implementation. Also responsible for designing strategies to enable the medical center to reduce the hazards and vulnerabilities that will increase the ability to fully recover functions following an emergency incident/event. Under general direction, this position works independently developing, facilitating, implementing, and overseeing emergency and continuity plans, policies, and procedures to increase the mitigation and preparedness of staff in regards to response and recovery efforts of the Medical Center in an emergency incident/event as well as the UC Ready business continuity tool.
In serving in the response and recovery efforts of medical center-wide emergency incidents/events, this position must effectively demonstrate strong skills in evaluating the situation, developing incident objectives, selecting a strategy, continuity operations, reconstitution, and determining resources and assets. Also works with the Emergency Exercises and Trainings Manager on supporting any exercises and trainings of plans, policies, procedures and improvement action items of after-action reports from exercises and actual emergency incidents/events.
This position utilizes the tenets and systems of emergency management through authoritative entities, such as but not limited to, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Additionally, other areas of involvement of this position include the development of the Hazard Vulnerability Analyses (HVA), implementation of HICS (Hospital Incident Command System) and at times the Hospital Command Center (HCC) emergency and business continuity planning, and other program tools to assess for risks and to implement improvements to the Medical Center as determined through emergency and business continuity planning.
The Emergency Continuity Manager will work in close coordination with numerous city, regional, and state partners and community groups to develop, coordinate, and execute emergency and continuity plans, policies, and procedures.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Five years experience in Emergency Management
* Bachelor's degree and four to five years of experience in emergency management or a combination of education and experience
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-1 Emergency Manager: An Orientation to the Position
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-100.HCb Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-120.a An Introduction to Exercises
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-130 Exercise Evaluation and Improvement Planning
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-200.HCa Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-201 Forms Used for the Development of the Incident Action Plan
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-235.a Emergency Planning
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-545 Reconstitution Planning Course
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-546.a Continuity of Operations Awareness Course
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-547.a Introduction to Continuity of Operations
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-548 Continuity of Operations (COOP) Program Manager
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-551 Devolution Planning
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills, including advanced political acumen and skill to effectively communicate with diverse constituencies in a highly political environment of business continuity and basics of emergency management
* Advanced skill to effectively represent the organization to state and federal authorities, and community groups
* Advanced analytical and organizational skills to organize, prioritize and manage the successful completion of emergency management and business continuity plans, policies, and procedures time constraints
* Advanced skill to appropriately use technology and relevant scientific equipment as required
* Demonstrated skills, knowledge and abilities to apply professional knowledge and expertise from disciplines of emergency management and business continuity using original and innovative approaches and techniques to solve complex non-routine problems
* Demonstrated skills and abilities to recognize trends, develop long-range goals, and analyze data of a complex and variable nature. Possesses skills and abilities to negotiate and resolve conflicts involving diverse views and positions and lead diverse groups working complex projects to consensus and resolution.
* Skills in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and department personnel
* Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate the intent of business continuity plans and basics of emergency management.
* Ability to manage resources and assets (i.e., staff and physical resources) during a dynamic emergency incident/event under varying levels of stress while maintaining professionalism and collaboration
* Exemplary organization and prioritization skills
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-26 Guide to Points of Distribution
* FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Certifications IS-323 Earthquake Mitigation Basics for Mitigation Staff
* Must possess abilities, knowledge