Emergency Dept Tech
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Emergency Room Technician works with the RN's in the Emergency Room to provide care to patients. They have special skills beyond those of a Patient Care Assistant for example, they can perform venipuncture, dress wounds, removal staples and sutures, and measure peak expiratory flow rate.
- A High School Diploma from an accredited institution or GED is required.
- Completion of one of the following educational programs is required:
a) Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program OR
b) Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program OR
c) Successful completion of a Basic EMT program (Intermediate EMT or Paramedic preferred).
- One (1) year of patient care experience in an acute care hospital or EMT field/Emergency Care Setting required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- If certified as Nursing Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as a Medical Assistant, maintaining current certification is preferred.
- If certified as an EMT, maintaining current certification is preferred.