Emergency Medical Technician PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEmergency Medical Technician PRN
Job Id: 43770
* Attends emergency medical requests as they arise, and renders advanced paramedical assistance to seriously ill or injured patients as required.
* Performs initial assessment and management of illness or injury to emergency patients in accordance with specified protocol and procedure.
* Prepares or assists in the preparation of patients for transport, ensuring compliance with emergency medical transport regulations, protocol, and procedure.
* Provides direct paramedical and comprehensive patient care as required in each individual case. * Leads, guides, and/or assists in the training of lower level techs and/or students, as specifically assigned.
* Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
* Inspects emergency medical equipment to ensure serviceability and compliance with safety and infection control regulations and standards.
* Completes and transfers patient care information and records as per established procedures.
* Conduct alcohol and urine drug screening for new hires and employees as directed and needed. Procedures for these must be in accordance with federal law and established procedures.
* TB skin testing, flu injections, Hep B vaccinations depending on licensing State Statues.
* Conduct CPR/First Aid/Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
* Coordinate hearing conservation program as required.
* Track and file Hazard Assessments as required.
* Assist with OSHA Recordkeeping (300 Log).
* Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician.
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
* 12 months experience in job related field.
* Demonstrated knowledge of clinical procedures.
* Demonstrated medical knowledge, techniques and information needed to treat injuries.
* Demonstrated ability to administer first aid/emergency care.
* Demonstrated ability to speak effectively and convey information to supervisors, peers and customers.
* Demonstrated knowledge of human behavior and performance.
* Demonstrated ability use judgment and perform critical thinking.
* Demonstrated ability to operate and control equipment or systems.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Clinic Environment
* Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of pressure.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.