Emergency Medical Technician, per diem 8/11/2016
Spaulding HospitalBoston & Cambridge(SRN,SRH,SHC)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
Assess and stabilize patients utilizing Basic Life Support (BLS) skills and respond to emergent and non-emergent calls as directed by the SRN Communications Center, while providing primary patient care. Provide safe, time-bound transportation to the appropriate hospital or facility. Communicate with licensed and ancillary medical professionals in oral and written format. Establish positive relationships with patient and the patients family.
* Patient care activities are performed consistent with Federal, State, and department regulations.
* Documentation is completed per established guidelines and timeframes.
* Vehicle readiness and stock levels are maintained per department standards.
* Equipment inspection is completed to ensure adherence to safety standards.
* Company vehicles are operated in accordance with organizational standards.
* DPH/OEMS mandated education is completed as required
* Department required education is completed as required.
* Required certifications are maintained.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
* Must be 18 years of age.
* Minimum of 1 year experience at current certification level.
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Current MA EMT Certification.
* Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
* Valid drivers license with no current moving violations.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. PHH takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.