Emergency Room Registered Nurse (RN) 8/31/2016
Estes Park, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT RN - FULL TIME NIGHTS 7pm-7am
Relocation package offered!
A 25-bed critical care access hospital serving the communities surrounding Estes Park and the Rocky Mountain National Park. The Emergency Department is a designated Level 4 Trauma Center. The emergency nurse is part of a collaborative team responsible for the delivery of effective, efficient and quality based emergency patient care. Emergency nursing care is based on established clinical nursing practice standards incorporating knowledge of the patient's age and cultural diversity into the provision of care.
REPORTS TO: Director of Emergency and Trauma Services
1. Plans for and utilizes nursing process to meet needs of patients of all ages. Includes assessment, planning (discharge, nursing care), implementation and evaluation. (Assess per chart review)
2. Performs treatment in a safe and effective manner.
3. Administers medications in a safe and timely manner.
4. Maintains responsibility for preparation, interpretation and evaluation of test data.
5. Demonstrates knowledge and skills to act appropriately in an emergency situation.
6. Demonstrates knowledge and participates in education and counseling of patients and significant other in a plan of care.
7. Promotes positive interpersonal relationships and demonstrates effective communication skills.
8. Maintains confidentiality of all patient and hospital information.
9. Practices according to professional and ethical standards. Demonstrates an understanding of and functions as a professional nurse in accordance with Colorado State Nurse Practice Act.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of accredited School of Nursing. Current Colorado (or compact) RN licensure required. BLS/CPR, ACLS, and PALS or ENPC required, TNCC preferred. Previous critical care nursing experience required.
Job Type: Full-time
* Acute Care Nursing: 2 years
Required license or certification:
* Colorado State (or compact) RN License